Version 2.3.1, Last Updated: April 12, 2018
Decorate your Mac with bright, shiny lights!
Who needs all those headaches competing with the neighbors? Why break your neck falling off the roof this year? Heck, all you need is a copy of NightLights to get your festive spirit across. It’s cheap, and the bulbs never burn out.
It doesn’t matter which holiday you’re celebrating, there’s a color combination for every need. NightLights comes with Mini, C7, LED, Bubble, Flicker, and novelty shaped light bulbs. You can mix and match, choose from various blink modes, and more!
Use NightLights to frame your display with colored lights, or create lighted scenes with your own photos, and backgrounds.
So install NightLights, turn off the lights, and kick back with a hot cup of Cocoa. Let the guy across the street blow his circuits, and set his house on fire.
- Choose your own bulb sequence from over 90 different bulbs.
- Frame your display, or place lights anywhere on your screen!
- Scale the lights larger, or smaller
- Adjust the spacing between bulbs.
- Choose from a selection of blink effects: Off, On, Chase, Random, Flicker and Blink.
- Choose from a selection of holiday presets.
- Lots of Background options:
- Change Background Colors.
- Load a photo.
- Weather: snow, rain with lightning, and falling leaves.
- Window Frames.
- Add your own text message.
- Audio Playback.
- And More!
- NightLights can also be used similar to a screen saver, or set to display over your Desktop!
Compatibility: OS X 10.11 El Capitan or later, 64-bit processor
Version 2.3.1 – April 12, 2018:
- Optimized for macOS High Sierra 10.13
Version 2.3 – November 30, 2016:
- Optimized for macOS Sierra 10.12
- Four NEW bulbs:
- Scallop (Sea Shell)
- Edison Bulb
- NEW C7 Clear Bulb Set
- Enhanced bulb art for Retina Display
- Minor bug fixes
Version 2.2 – December 17, 2015:
- Compatible with El Capitan.
- Redesigned interface for bulb selection, and scaling.
- NEW: Added Flicker Flame bulb set.
- NEW: Holiday Presets accessible from toolbar.
- NEW: Fireworks accessible from toolbar.
- Consolidated weather effects into single toolbar button.
- Minor bug fixes.
Version 2.1 – January 12, 2015:
- Now you can adjust spacing between bulbs.
- Added option to save screen to your hard drive.
- Added “Bubble” lights!
- Added Angel, Bell, and Bow shaped lights!
- Enhanced “C7″, and “Mini” bulb artwork!
- Enhanced Falling Leaves, Rain, Snow, and Fireplace effects.
- View NightLights over open apps and desktop.
- Hide/Show Electrical Cord.
- You can now disable, or change the frequency, of lightning in rain mode.
- Minor interface enhancements.
- Bug fixes.
Version 1.6 – November 18, 2013:
- Paint Mode: Now you can place lights anywhere on your screen!
- Clear Selection Button: Easily remove long sequences when starting over.
- Minor performance enhancements and bug fixes.