Version 2.3.1, Last Updated: April 09, 2018
Turn your iPad into a Virtual Poltergeist with Spooked!
Choose from six spooky characters that you tell what to say! Great for your Halloween Haunted House, or to spook your friends anytime of the year!
Using your device’s built-in sensors, Spooked can be activated by touch, sound, or movement. Suddenly materializing with a scream, speaking an ominous phrase, it gives fright to the unsuspecting!
Truly a, “Ghost in the Machine”, Spooked stalks its victims, waiting for any opportunity to scare!
- Choose from six different Spooks:
- Random spook option.
- Spooky flaming eyes option.
- Record up to five phrases per character with your own Spookified voice!
- Shuffle phrases, or play back in recorded order.
- Interactive Mimic Mode.
- Six Background Effects:
- Swirling Vortex!
- Flock of Bats!
- Crackling blaze of Fire!
- Dynamic Lightning with real thunder sounds!
- Skeletal Ghosts!
- Your own custom Photo!*
- Three Activation Triggers:
- Touch the screen!
- Shake or movement!
- Listen for any loud or sharp sounds!
- Scary Scream Effect!
- Hologram Mode!*
* About Hologram Mode:
You can turn on Hologram Mode by launching the settings app and choosing Spooked. This feature is designed to be used with a pyramid shaped “hologram” reflector. While not a true hologram, you can create an interesting “pepper’s ghost” effect that can be viewed from all sides of the reflector.
For more information on how to make your own reflective pyramid check out these links:
For more about the Pepper’s Ghost effect go to:
Version 2.3.1 – April 09, 2018:
- Optimized for iOS 11.3.x
Version 2.3 – October 08, 2016:
- Optimized for iOS 10
- Fixed visual glitches with user interface.
- Fixed bug with lightning.
- Fixed visual glitches with Ghoul.
- Fixed Mimic Mode.
- Fixed audio on iPhone to reroute to external speaker.
- Improved photo scaling.
- Added Hologram Mode.
Version 2.2 – December 2, 2014:
(Note: The version number has been moved up to be inline with Spooked for OS X.)
- Random Spook
- Fire Eyes
- Mimic Mode
- Minor Bug Fixes
Version 1.5 – October 22, 2014:
- Enhanced Voice Effects
- Improved Mouth Synchronization
- Added Ghoul Character
- UI Improvements
- Universal Binary: Now works with iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch
- Optimized for iPhone 6
- Recoded from the ground up using Swift and new iOS 8 API’s