Version 2.3.1, Last Updated: April 3, 2018
Turn your Mac into a Virtual Poltergeist with Spooked!
Choose from six spooky characters that you tell what to say! Great for your Halloween Haunted House, or to spook your friends anytime of the year!
Using your computer’s built-in microphone, Spooked can be activated by sound, a mouse-click, or pressing the space bar. Suddenly materializing with a scream, speaking an ominous phrase, it gives fright to the unsuspecting!
Truly a, “Ghost in the Machine”, Spooked stalks its victims, listening for any opportunity to scare!
- Choose from six different Spooks! Skull, Witch, Bat, Jack-o-Lantern, Alien, or Ghoul.
- Record up to five phrases per character with your own Spookified voice!
- Random spook option.
- Spooky flaming eyes option.
- Shuffle phrases, or play back in recorded order.
- Interactive Mimic Mode.
- Six Background Effects:
– Swirling Vortex!
– Flock of Bats!
– Crackling blaze of Fire!
– Dynamic Lightning with real thunder sounds!
– Skeletal Ghosts!
– Your own custom Photo!
- Three Activation Triggers:
– Click the screen!
– Keyboard control!
– Listen for any loud or sharp sounds!
- Scary Scream Effect!
- Hologram Mode!*
* About Hologram Mode:
You can turn on Hologram Mode by choosing Spooked > Preferences… from the menu bar. This feature is designed to be used with a pyramid shaped “hologram” reflector. While not a true hologram, you can create an interesting “pepper’s ghost” effect that can be viewed from all sides of the reflector.
For more information on how to make your own reflective pyramid check out these links:
For more about the Pepper’s Ghost effect go to:
Version 2.3.1 – April 3, 2018:
- Optimized for macOS High Sierra.
Version 2.3 – October 08, 2016:
- Optimized for macOS Sierra
- Fixed visual glitches with user interface.
- Fixed bug with lightning.
- Fixed visual glitches with Ghoul.
- Fixed Mimic Mode.
- Improved photo scaling.
- Improved full screen experience.
- Added Hologram Mode.
Version 2.2 – November 14, 2014:
- Random Spook
- Fire Eyes
- Mimic Mode
- Minor Bug Fixes
Version 2.0 – October 27, 2014:
- Now records and changes your voice.
- Improved Mouth Synchronization.
- Updated Ghoul Character.
- UI Improvements.
- Shares same features as version for iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.